The goal of the Patient Account Representative is to successfully resolve accounts. Contact patients by telephone and screen them for state, county and Federal assistance programs.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This position is located at Western Plains Medical Center. Please do not contact them directly.
**This job requires a bilingual person in Spanish/English.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen patients for eligibility programs on the state and Federal levels
- Identify all areas of patients’ needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance
- Start the application process when possible
- Advise patients of the appropriate assistance program(s) to best suit their individual needs
- Provide detailed instructions to patients in regard to securing all available program benefits
- Advise patients of program time limitations and ensure that all deadlines are met
- Complete all necessary steps in locating patients and involving the outside field staff when necessary
- Obtain all necessary information from patients upon the initial contact when possible
- Record thorough and accurate documentation on patient accounts in the CUBS system
- All documentation in the CUBS system should be clear and concise
- Maintain a positive relationship with patients throughout the entire application process
- Assess the status and progress of applications
- Contact government agencies when necessary
- Follow-up with assigned accounts until every avenue is exhausted in trying to secure benefits for the patients or the patient is approved for a program and billing information is obtained.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain good working relationships with state and Federal agencies
- Resolve accounts in a timely manner
- Meet daily productivity goals and objectives as assigned by management
- Maintain confidentiality of account information at all times
- Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program
- Maintain a neat and orderly work station
- Assist with other projects as assigned by management
- Call Center environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Medical assistance program knowledge is preferred
- Proficient PC knowledge and the ability to type 30-40 wpm
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with coworkers, patients, and outside agencies
- Ability to present oneself in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Ability to stay on task with little or no management supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in fulfilling job responsibilities
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy work environment
- Reliability of task completion and follow-up
Or fax resume with cover letter to: Tracy Wise 502-515-2559 and reference job ID # 27942 (for the 3:30p-12a Monday-Friday position) and job ID # 28010 (for the 10a-10p Saturday/Sunday position)
The primary purpose of the telemetry technician position is to assist the professional nursing staff by monitoring cardiac rhythms for those patients the physician has placed on telemetry. Performs various duties related to the assigned nursing unit in accordance with established Hospital Policies and Procedures. The telemetry technician has the responsibility of reporting any change in the patient’s cardiac rhythm, any unusual occurrences, patient and/or employee issues, work related accidents to the Registered Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses who are responsible for the delivery of patient care. Strives daily to give all customers very good care and promotes Western Plains Medical Complex’ Standards of Excellence and other duties as assigned.
Current CNA license preferred.
Please apply in person or send resume to email@example.com.
Operates and repairs stationary boiler, pumps and mechanical equipment throughout WPMC facility. May be tasked with security responsibilities and material handling, also performs mechanical, carpentry and painting duties as needed and ensures that patient care equipment and environment areas are safe. This position will also take on additional tasks assigned by Supervisor or Director.
Please apply in person at 108 Ross Blvd or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a qualifed Respiratory Therapist for a full-time, night shift opening.
This is a Department of Cardiopulmonary Services position that provides the delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Respiratory Care Practitioner. Must be able to demonstrate the clinical ability to work as an RT in the area to which they are assigned. The therapist must be able to provide delivery of patient care from basic modalities through critical care to all demographic groups from neonatal to geriatric. Completes all required documentation. Provides patient/family education and assists in discharge planning when appropriate. Works cooperatively and effectively with physicians, nursing, ancillary, and support personnel to provide quality patient care. If selected, employee may cross train into cath lab in a monitor tech capacity, assisting in recovering patients, and performing limited scrub position duties. Effectively communicates with all members of the patient care team. Works within the scope of practice for a licensed RCP in the State of Kansas. Strives daily to give all customer very good care and promotes WPMC standards of behavior and other duties as assigned.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or complete and application in Human Resources, 208 Ross Blvd, Dodge City, KS.
Do you have a few extra days, nights or weekends available and would like to make an additional income? WPMC is currently looking for PRN Nurses to work on Med/Surg/Peds and in the Intensive Care Unit. These positions provide delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Nurse. Candidates must demonstrate the clinical ability to work as Primary RN on the Unit. Candidates must be able to coordinates the delivery of patient care on the Unit; complete required documentation; participates in patient/family teaching and discharge planning, effectively utilizing the Nursing Process. Must provide leadership by working cooperatively and effectively with physicians, ancillary staff and other administrative and support personnel in maintaining the standards of professional nursing practice in the multidisciplinary clinical setting. Provides the basic leadership required of a Registered Nurse for subordinate staff on the Unit. Maintains quality delivery of patient care by completing patient assignments in compliance with the Nursing Process, the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, JCAHO and State regulations and established Hospital Policies and Procedures. Strives daily to give all customers very good care and promotes Western Plains Medical Complex’s Standards of Behavior and other duties as assigned.
Western Plains Medical Complex is seeking a PRN Dietician to join our team! The Food Services department is an affiliate of the Hospitality Services Division of the Hospital. This is a Dietary Department position that provides patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Dietitian (RD). Must demonstrate the ability to work as Clinical Dietitian. The Clinical Dietitian manages the delivery of nutrition care to patients, which includes applying the science and art of human nutrition to promote health and aid in the treatment of disease or injuries to restore health. The RD coordinates the full range of nutrition care services including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations; integrates nutrition services with other facets of health care using effective communication, education, documentation and Quality Assurance standards; provides support for quality food service to satisfy nutrient requirements and preferences of patients; prepares and delivers effective education to patients, families, staff and others through the development and presentation of educational materials, community classes and in-services; provides effective assessment of patient’s nutritional needs and appropriate patient care planning through effective communication with physicians, nursing staff, patients, families and other allied health professionals; documents pertinent information as medically and legally required through the timely and efficient notation in the medical record and other data bases; provides timely and effective patient care through the efficient prioritization of case loads and projects while maintaining Quality Assurance Standards; participates in Discharge Planning, Quality Assurance, medical, nursing, departmental and staff meetings, as required; participates in continuing education to maintain professional registration; and provides nutrition education to other Dietary department employees. The Dietitian keeps the department Director informed of any problems or areas of concern in regards to Food Service or hospitality issues.
Must have current Registered Dietician licensure. 2 years of experience preferred.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 620/225-8742.
The Ultrasonographer/Echo Tech assists in maintenance/management of the radiology departmental service and Quality Improvement Plan in accordance with standards established by the hospital, JCAHO, state, local and federal regulatory agencies; performs and ensures patient safety while operating ultrasound machines and processes films; assists in the maintenance of the Diagnostic Imaging Policy and Procedure Manuals and refers to policy and procedure manuals for proper operation/quality control of equipment; assists physician in detection and localization of the patient’s anatomy using the appropriate technical factors, age specific positioning and shielding techniques appropriate for infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics; utilizes appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet growth, development and continued clinical needs of all patients (newborns, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics); assists/maintains stock levels, storage and safe keeping of films, files, chemicals, and patient supplies; ensures cleanliness of equipment, work areas and assists in maintaining equipment in good working order and notifies supervisor of department equipment and supply needs; assists in the orientation and training of new personnel and participates in continuing education programs to enhance skills and maintain credentials; verifies doctors orders and patient ID when performing procedures; checks for allergies to iodine/contrast medias when performing contrast studies; labels films appropriately in regards to patient name, orientation of patient and technique utilized; demonstrates proficiency in choosing proper dosing/equipment settings prior to x-ray procedures; assures films/reports/patient chart is available to Radiologist/Physician; and, performs other duties as assigned.
To apply: send resume to email@example.com or bring resume to HR Office, 108 ROss Blvd. You may also fax a resume to 620/225-8742.