Irsik & Doll Feed Services, Inc. is currently taking application for the position of Assistant Manager for our Sunbelt Feed Yard location, in Hugoton, KS. Must have feedyard experience.
Manages functions and production staff related to the operation of the feed yard facility. Responsible for oversight of receiving and shipping of cattle, processing, feeding programs, feed mill operation, feed ingredient inventory, animal health & nutrition, equipment needs, maintenance, people resources, farm management , waste management, and all other operations.
- Manages daily operations of the feed yard facility. Assures all activities are within company guidelines and applicable laws/regulations. Safeguards employees and company assets.
- Supervision of staff, including all work Assures all employees understand expectations of the job. Handles training and direction.
- Execute coordination and communication, including staff meetings among departments, crews and people to achieve a team oriented approach to
- Manages production people to achieve maximum efficiency of the feed Completes recruiting, training, employee development, hold employees accountable, provide constructive performance feedback, completes written evaluations, any necessary disciplinary action, documents appropriate actions and coordinates wage administration.
- Manages costs. Strive for Evaluate equipment and repairs for alternatives. Keep rolling stock and equipment in good operational condition. Prepare Appropriation Requests as required.
- Assist General Manager in customer origination, feeder cattle procurement, risk management, feed ingredient procurement and finished cattle In case of absence, covers all responsibilities of General Manager.
- Handles all regulatory compliance matters for the feed yard. Stays abreast of all regulations and pending issues to keep the yard in effective operating
- Assures animal health practices and feed nutrition meet optimum growing conditions. Manages shrink and death loss. Works closely with outside consulting veterinarians and nutritionist to address deficiencies and improve cattle feeding
- Maintains effective environmental practices to prevent contamination of any so1i and the relationship with neighbors are in good standing. Keep facility in neat
- Coordinate activities with central office and other company locations to provide for efficient utilization of entire company Uses proactive communication.
- Continue professional growth through participation of industry events and training. Attends conferences, seminars and educational workshops to stay abreast with latest industry practices and new technology
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Irsik & Doll provides a vehicle for this position, 100% paid employee health insurance, vision and dental insurance. Also paid at 100% for the employee is Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Disability, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability. We offer Company Matched 401K & Profit Sharing, vacation and sick leave, and much more.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irsik & Doll is an Equal Opportunity Employer.