|Title:||Academic Achievement Specialist – English & Speech|
|Responsibilities:||Full-time position Under the general direction of the Academic Success Center (ASC) Coordinator, the Peer Tutor Supervisor-English & Speech/Academic Coach supports the goals of the Academic Success Center by providing supervision and training for student peer tutors, supervise floor activity with students coming to the ASC to study, use computers, or who are part of athletic study halls, conduct tutoring sessions one-on-one as well as group session with students taking English/Speech classes. This position will require one evening per week to supervise front desk and the ASC floor.|
|Required qualifications:||· Bachelor’s Degree in English/Speech or related field.
· Strong communication, instructional, and organizational skills.
· Training/certification in English/Speech instruction
· Working knowledge of the internet, email, and computer skills.
· Ability to work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students and the community
· Able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
· Valid Kansas driver’s license.
· Work one evening per week.
|Preferred qualifications:||· Experience working in a tutoring center or other academic learning center.
· Master’s Degree.
· Experience teaching adults and/or students in the community college setting
· Bilingual English and Spanish
|Review schedule:||Applications accepted until position is filled. Please provide DC3 job application, cover letter, resume’ and unofficial copies of transcripts.|
|For more information,
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399
Phone: 620/227-9201Fax: 620/227-9345